Privacy andCookies Policy
Last update: 12th April, 2021
The Vetoquinol group and the companies composing it (referred to collectively in this document as “the Group”, “we” or “our”) are committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal data.
This privacy and cookies policy (the “Privacy and Cookies Policy”) describes how we collect, use, store and share your personal information (the “Personal data”), describes the purposes for which we may use, disclose or hold such Personal Data and the options available to you in connection with its use.
For the purposes of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, the data controller is Vetoquinol USA Inc., a company duly organised and existing under the laws of Delaware, whose place of business is located at 4250 N. Sylvania, Fort Worth, TX 76137, USA.
This privacy and Cookies Policy applies to the products and services offered by the Group (the “Products and Services”) and includes user interfaces, mobile applications and other online platforms and services related to ToxBuddy (collectively, “ToxBuddy Service”) available from the website http://us.toxbuddy.com (hereafter called the “Website”) and particularly:
- Personal data collected on the subscription forms available on the Websites;
- Personal data collected through the contact form;
- Personal data collected through a request for information;
- Personal data which may be collected when you enter into a commercial relationship with a company in the Group or with our third-parties partner companies (collectively, our “Commercial Partners”);
- Personal data which may be collected through the use of social buttons (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc);
- Personal data which may be collected through the installation of cookies during connection and/or when visiting the Website.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies whether you are a “Visitor” (which means you are simply looking at the Products and Services) or a “User” (which means that you have registered with the Website and/or have a valid subscription to the ToxBuddy Service). The Privacy and Cookies Policy thus governs the use of the Website however you access it.
By accessing or using the ToxBuddy Service from our Website and providing us with information via the Website, you accept this Privacy Protection and Cookies Policy. We recommend that you regularly check the Privacy and Cookies Policy as we often update it.
For the purposes of this Privacy and Cookies Policy and for the provision of the Products and Services, Orion acts as a Joint Controller with Vetoquinol USA Inc., which means that we jointly determine the purposes and means of the conditions under which we will process your Personal data to provide you with the Products and Services.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Data that does not allow you to be identified
You can visit our Website without sending us any information that can enable you to be identified, unless you decide to become a ToxBuddy User, which requires registration.
Like the majority of online services, we automatically collect certain data and information about you and/or your computer each time you visit our Website, but this does not enable you to be identified. This information may include:
- The type of internet browser you use;
- The type of operating system and device you use to access the Website;
- Your Internet service provider’s domain name;
- The web page from which you come;
- The country where you live and your language;
- The pages and options that you visit and access on our Website.
When you access, visit and/or use our Website we can, therefore, follow your visit and collect certain data about your use of the Products and Services and your activities on the Website, as described below in the “cookies” section.
During the course of your relationship with us, or during your use of the ToxBuddy Service, we may collect the following information:
- If you want to subscribe to the ToxBuddy Service, we will collect Personal data from you during the course of your establishing and maintaining that User account with us. This may include your organisation details, names and contact details of persons associated with that organisation, details of references, and invoicing and payment details;
- We will collect Personal data from you during the course of your establishing and maintaining a business or client account or user profile with us via the Website, such as your name, user name, passwords, address, email address, phone numbers, and credit card and payment details;
- We will collect transaction details related to the Products or Services you order from us;
- We may collect other Personal data during the course of your subscription or as a result of your use of the ToxBuddy Service.
When you contact us or ask for information by email or post, we collect Personal data that you voluntarily decide to disclose to us. However, if you do not wish to disclose your Personal data, some of the Products and/or Services and/or options available on the Website and/or linked to our offer of Products and Services may be unavailable to you.
We may obtain Personal data via your internet browser, such as your IP Address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the internet.
We may also obtain Personal data about you from other sources. For example, we may ask a third party supplier or collector to provide us with additional Personal data about our existing clients (adding data or “data appending”), particularly Personal data collected from your profile or your publications on a third-party social network. We may also collect Personal data from third-party co-sponsors or commercial partners with whom we work or if we buy out other companies.
We may also collect Personal data appearing on your profile for a third-party social network (particularly Facebook) if you authorise the third-party network to disclose this to us or if you put it online publicly. This Personal data may be general data relating to your account (for example, name, email address, profile photo, gender, birthdate, current town/city, identifier, list of friends, etc.) and any other information or activity that you authorise the third-party social network to share with us or that you put on line publicly on your profile. We may, for example, receive all or party of your information relative to social networks when you download or interact with one of our applications on a social network site (notably Facebook). For more information on how we can obtain your information relating to social networks, please visit the Internet site of the third party social network concerned.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Personal data we collect on you is either based on your consent (request for information or documentation) or based on a contract (contact form or registration on our Website to benefit from the Products and Services). We may use the Personal data you disclose to us via the Website particularly for the following purposes:
- Enable us and our companies in the Group, third-party providers, agents, distributors, to supply you with the Products and Services;
- To create and maintain your User account to the ToxBuddy Service;
- To complete sales transactions, including billing, payment, receipts and verification services;
- To provide any after-sales service required by you;
- To provide technical support and administration services in relation to the Website and with the ToxBuddy Service;
- To keep you informed about products, services, events, promotions or any other marketing activities which could be of interest to you, but only to the extent permissible under applicable laws, and subject to any other restrictions contained in this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
- To comply with the Group’s legal, regulatory accounting and tax obligations;
- To processing requests and complaints related to the Website, initiated by you and/or a third party, which concern you;
- For Product and Services development or research purposes;
- To customise our offer of Products and Services and improve your browsing experience and;
- To evaluate your satisfaction and the performance of marketing activities.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data used in connection with use of the Website
We store this Personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we process it and in any event for the period necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement. For example, when answering your questions submitted on our Website, we will retain your Personal data until we have processed your question and answered to you. If you subscribe to the ToxBuddy Service, we will retain your Personal data as long as you have an active user account.
Personal data used to send you marketing offers
Your Personal data will be kept for as long as you agree to receive our marketing offers. You can bring this to an end at any time by unsubscribing, using the link shown. In any event, if you do not make contact for three years, your Personal data will be erased.
Personal data used in connection with a commercial relationship
More generally, we store this Personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we process them, that is throughout our contractual relationship, and in any event for the period necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Transfer outside the European Union
When the processing of your Personal data involves a transfer to third countries outside the European Union, the transfer is to countries listed by the European Commission as providing sufficient protection for data and/or is covered by appropriate guarantees based on standard contract clauses reflecting models published by the European Commission.
The Group’s Companies
We may share your Personal data with companies in the Group. For further information on the companies in the Group, please go to http://www.vetoquinol.com/fr/implantation/home.
As part of the provision of the Products and Services, we may share your Personal data with Orion as a Joint Controller, especially with respect to the operations as described below:
- The global administration of the Website including the management of subscriptions to the ToxBuddy Service, the validity thereof and the provision of access to the ToxBuddy Service;
- The management of any feedback you maygive as regards to the content of the ToxBuddy Service, and any requests, enquiries and/or complaints as regards to troubleshooting with regard to the access to or use of the ToxBuddy Service;
- The management of User account suspensions or blocking operations in the ToxBuddy Service where required.
We have implemented a variety of security measures to prevent the loss, misappropriation or misuse of your Personal data that you have provided on the Website and on the ToxBuddy Service. While acting as a Joint Controller with Orion, weare aware of the security and confidentiality requirements necessary for the provision of the Products and Service and we have implemented all the appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal data through strong binding contractual obligations.
As part of the conduct of our business, we may transfer your Personal data to third-party service providers. These service providers use your Personal data only to enable us to supply you with Products and Services. As examples, these service providers may supply IT services, be our logistics or marketing partners, our website host, or support us in data management, email distribution or analysis of information. We disclose to our service providers only the Personal data they need to provide their services and we work with them to ensure that your Personal data are respected and protected.
We never disclose any Personal data to these third-party companies for their own marketing or commercial needs. However, we may disclose your Personal data to our Commercial Partners in order to provide you with our Products and Services or other products and services which may be of interest to you.
We may need to disclose Personal Data in response to a request from a regulatory authority, such as the tax authorities, the CNIL (the French data protection authority), and/or a court (in response to a judgment, a court order or injunction) on request or if the law requires us to do so, or in order to protect our interests, our property and/or our security and/or those of a third party.
Unless otherwise provided in this Privacy and Cookies Policy or with your prior permission, we will not sell, market or lend Personal data to other companies in the normal course of business. However, in the event of any restructuring of the Group’s companies (acquisition, merger or partial transfer of assets) your Personal data may be disclosed to another company, but the disclosure will then be subject to the Privacy and Cookies Policy in force.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY PERSONAL DATA IS KEPT SAFE?
We have a variety of security measures to prevent the loss, misappropriation or misuse of your Personal data that you have provided on the Website. In order to guarantee the security of the data you disclose online during transmission, we use encryption, authentication, and flow analysis and we carry out security audits on the hosting environments.
COOKIES: WHAT THEY ARE AND HOW WE USE THEM?
A cookie is a text file placed on the device you are using to access the internet (computer, mobile phone, tablet etc.) when you use a browser to visit a website.
We place a unique identifier in the cookie and use the cookie to connect your computer to the information that we store in our database.
It contains data which allow you to be identified:
- The name of the server which placed it;
- A unique numeric identifier;
- Possibly, an expiry date.
- Recognise you when you return to our Website;
- Inform you about new topics that may interest you;
- Customise content that may be useful to you;
- Measure the audience on the Website for marketing/commercial purposes.
Cookies do not contain any Personal data and do not allow access to your computer.
The validity deadline to consent to receive Cookies is 13 months. At the end of this period, we will again seek your consent.
When you first visit our Website, an information banner will be displayed at the foot of the page. By continuing to browse the Website after clicking on “I accept”, you expressly consent to the Group placing all its the cookies on your computer (cookies linked to targeted advertising operations, certain audience measurement cookies and social media cookies, generated in particular by sharing buttons when they collect personal data). The banner will be displayed until you continue browsing, i.e. until you make a choice. If you do not wish to receive any or all cookies, we recommend you to click on “Personalise” on the banner, and follow the instructions enabling you to refuse all or part of them.
Each internet browser offers different settings for the management of cookies. They are generally shown in the browser’s help menu. If you use a browser or version different to those listed, we suggest you use the browser’s “Help” menu. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera.
HOW LINKS FROM THE WEBSITE TO SITES OTHER THAN THOSE OF THE GROUP CAN AFFECT YOU?
The Group may offer links to the websites of other companies with which it has a relationship.
We may place “hyperlinks” to other websites and applications operated by third parties on our Website. The only purpose of these links is to make browsing easier for you and to provide you with the fullest possible information. We have no control over these websites and applications. They are separate from the Group and have their own privacy policies. Consequently, the Group cannot be held liable under any circumstances, in particular in relation to the accuracy, relevance, availability or reliability of information and products and services offered on these websites, their respect for copyright, via these third party websites and applications accessible from our Website. We encourage you to review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party websites and applications before using them. You should note that our Confidentiality and Cookies Policy ceases to apply when you leave our Website.
Moreover, the Group is not responsible for hypertext links to its own Website which may be included in third party websites, even if the Group has authorised the third party publisher of the website to place such a link.
Finally, the Group generally prohibits anyone from placing a hyperlink to one or more pages of its Website without its express prior consent.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Under the legal and regulatory framework applicable to the protection of personal data and privacy, particularly the GDPR, current legislation and the recommendations of any independent public authority established by a Member State of the European Union responsible for controlling this legal and regulatory framework, you have a right to access, rectify, object to or erase your Personal data or limit its processing, and a right to its portability.
You also have a right to give instructions about what should be done with your Personal Data after your death.
You may write to the company Vetoquinol SA about this at any time, at the following address: Vetoquinol SA – DPO – Magny-Vernois, 70200 Lure, or by email to DPO@vetoquinol.com.
In the event of a complaint, you can choose to contact the CNIL.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY?
If you have questions or doubts concerning this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you can contact us using the form available on our Website https://us.toxbuddy.com/contact-us, or by sending us a letter addressed to Vetoquinol SA – DPO – Magny-Vernois, 70200 Lure. You can also write to our Data Protection Officer by email at DPO@vetoquinol.com.
WHAT LEGISLATION APPLIES TO THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY?
This Privacy and Cookies Policy is governed by the laws of Delaware and, with effect from 25 May 2018, by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”). Please note that this policy may change in the light of regulatory developments.